At Todwick Primary School we are committed to Inclusion; the pupils are at the heart of everything that we do. Our strategic vision is one that is ambitious and developed with all stakeholders - pupils, parents, staff and governors.
At Todwick, we believe that the journey through school life should be enjoyable, memorable and valuable. We believe that all children should have their needs met within a safe, accessible and caring environment and that all children come to school feeling welcomed, accepted, listened to, happy and fulfilled
We strive to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all that is inclusive and engaging so that regardless of race, gender, religion, background, abilities and/or need individuals thrive and achieve their full potential. Our curriculum is inspiring, creative and challenging; a rich blend that provides the children within our care with a good knowledge and understanding base, as well as a strong skill set. Our core values of respect, honesty, kindness and resilience form the heart of our provision. We are proud of our inclusive and nurturing approach. We celebrate strengths and the things that make us unique, whilst identifying and targeting ways in which we can be better. Every teacher is a teacher of special educational needs. Therefore we endeavour, as a team, to meet the needs of each individual through reasonable adjustments and targeted approaches that remove barriers to learning and success. All of which is done in collaboration with pupils, parents, staff and where appropriate external services.
Positive learning behaviours are encouraged and promoted to enable pupils to get the best out of each and every day. We promote high expectations and aspirations from all individuals. Everyone is encouraged to contribute positively - to our school, the local community and beyond. Our goal is for individuals to be all-rounded, life-long learners. We believe that this combination enables pupils to succeed now, in the next phase of their learning and for future success.
Our Special Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) at Todwick Primary School is Miss L Hawksworth . If you need to contact her please phone the school on 01909 771138 or email email@example.com
Todwick Primary School aims to:
- Ensure that learning is fun and memorable. Creativity will be encouraged. Active and experiential learning will stimulate and motivate children.
- Be a smart, bright and exciting immersive environment to engage our children in learning.
- Nurture children so that they are happy and secure with an individual sense of self-worth. Achievements will be celebrated and valued by all.
- Create a positive, caring atmosphere which reflects our shared values and promotes a sense of community.
- Develop a community of confident, life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- Promote challenge through high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- Grow and change but remain true to our vision
- We believe the route to achieving these aims is through many things: the promotion of confidence and self-belief, inquiry and curiosity, enthusiasm and challenge, sharing and learning together, accepting and embracing differences, openness, self- respect and persistence.
Here is the link to the Rotherham Local Offer: